2019 CE Course C3: “Marijuana: What You Need To Know”
May 11 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$50.00 – $85.00
Saturday, May 11, 2019
Kurn Hattin Homes, Westminster VT
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
This course will provide an overview of medical and recreational marijuana use, its pharmacological effects on the body, medicinal applications, and dental treatment considerations. Legal and social issues surrounding marijuana will be discussed along with identifying the effects of marijuana, and how to open and have a conversation with your patients.
- Describe medical and recreational marijuana use and modes of administration
- Describe and identify the varying effects marijuana has on the body
- Discuss various medicinal applications of marijuana
- Evaluate the patient who is using marijuana and determine treatment considerations and modifications
- Converse with the patient who is using marijuana in a way that is conducive to creating a positive provider/patient relationship
This course is sponsored by an educational grant from Young Dental.
Presented by: Kate Soal, RDH, CDA, MSDH
Kate Soal is Professor of Healthcare at Quinsigamond Community College in Worcester MA and adjunct faculty at Mount Wachusett Community College in Gardner MA. Kate teaches pharmacology, periodontology, local anesthesiology along with radiology labs and clinical dental hygiene. Kate’s research has been published in the Journal of Dental Hygiene and she is a contributing author for Esther Wilkins’ Comprehensive Practice of the Dental Hygienist 12th and soon to be 13th edition’s chapter on infectious diseases. Kate is an active ADHA member and President of the Massachusetts Dental Hygienists’ Association.REGISTER