All Events by Category
- This event has passed.
5/6 – 8:30 am – 11:30 am – Course C1: “Biological Dentistry: The Myth, The Truth and The Science”
May 6, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 pmFree – $35.00
Friday, May 6, 2022
Often the term “holistic” has a connotation of not being science based but of anecdotal opinions. More research has arisen over the years that there is a significant correlation between oral and systemic disease and how there is a bi-directional effect on the body. This course will present and assess how to bridge the gap between Holistic, Biological and conventional dentistry by understanding the basis of biological dentistry through examining and learning it’s history, mission and purpose. Examine what are the similarities compared to conventional dentistry and identify the myths and the truths by reviewing the science behind holistic and biological dentistry. Review why it is so important today more than ever to understand the relevancy of these modalities. Discover how incorporating basic holistic and biological protocols in the diagnosis and treatment of dental disease can significantly enhance the patient’s oral health and overall well-being.
- Learn and understand the fundamentals of Holistic and Biological Dentistry
- Understand the rationale used in the practice of Holistic and Biological Dentistry and how it relates to oral-systemic health.
- Review the science and research behind holistic protocols, systems and modalities.
- Examine the necessity of understanding the relevancy of alternative or unconventional therapies in today’s environment
- Learn systems used in holistic and biological dentistry to evaluate health and disease and how it relates to the whole person.
BIOGRAPHY: Frances K Horning BRDH HIAOMT
Fran is a Certified Biological Dental Hygienist who is on the Board of the International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine and serves as the Hygiene Committee Chair and their Assistant Director. She also is a Hygiene Committee member and mentor for the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology. She lectures for numerous biological and traditional organizations across the country. She is the Qualitative Director in charge of training biological protocols in the largest biological practice in the state of New Jersey. Additionally, she is a coach and trainer of biological dentistry for KT Dental Seminars and the owner of Integrative Perio Solutions LLC. Fran is an active member of the ADHA, AAOSH in continual search of knowledge to improve the health of her patients. Her presentations receive rave reviews.REGISTER