ORAL HEALTH CONSULTANT – INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR:
Champlain Valley Head Start (CVHS) is seeking a licensed Registered Dental Hygienist/ Independent Contractor to support the oral health component of the federally-funded Early Head Start/Head Start program. The Oral Health Consultant (Tooth Tutor) will work with CVHS families, children, staff, and health providers to manage the oral health needs of CVHS-enrolled children and pregnant women. This will include supporting CVHS staff to ensure that all children have access to a dental home, stay up to date on preventive care according to the State’s EPSDT schedule for oral health, and receive any needed treatment.
Tooth Tutors work with local dentists, CVHS staff, families and kids to:
- Obtain oral health records
- Address dental barriers
- Provide education around the importance of baby teeth and regular, oral health care, and
- Link every child to a dental home for preventive, comprehensive and continuous care.
- RDH with current license in VT
- Experience working with infants, toddlers and preschool-aged children and their families with diverse backgrounds (limited financial resources, non-English speaking families, varying education levels)
- Consultant is acting as an independent contractor
- One year contracted position, 3-5 hours/week, flexible schedule – you set your own hours.
- Most services will be in Chittenden County, with limited services in Franklin County.
If you are interested in this Independent Contractor opportunity, please submit resume and cover letter with three work references via e-mail to Julie Springer, [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org