Friday, May 19, 2023
ZOOM: 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Members: $75.00
- Non Members: $95.00
- Students: $0.00
Introduce and explain applications of a wide variety of preventative treatment modalities and technologies that can help providers deliver enhanced chairside treatment…
At the conclusion of this course the attendee will be able to-
- Communicate the importance of recognizing the oral/systemic link and the impacts on patients’ health.
- How bacterial testing can be (and should be) utilized both inside and outside the op
- Understand the importance of disclosing
- Recognize the importance of aerosol management and how to be proficient at it
with the newest devices
- Identify the newest types of Fluoride varnishes and caries arresting products
- ERgonomically speaking – the importance of ergonomics and products that help
with maintaining longevity in the op
- Understand the GBT – Guided Biofilm Therapy
Pamela Sargent, IPDH, RDH, BA, GBT Trainer for E.M.S. Bio:
Pam has been involved in dentistry since she was 16 years old. She had worked as an assistant for 16 years before becoming a RDH in 2001. In2010 she became licensed as an independent dental hygienist in Maine where she worked in both private practice and her own solo preventive practice. In 2021 Pam opened Searsmont Oral Wellness Center where she delivers her version of optimal preventative care. By utilizing microscopy, laser therapies, salivary diagnostics and the GBT compass, her practice has rapidly grown due to her laid back yet informative style whilst educating and delivering cutting edge, patient focused care.
Pam is also a certified GBT trainer for EMS which has allowed her to connect with forward thinking professionals all while traveling the US.
When not traveling you can find Pam enjoying her home, family and friends in Mid-Coast Maine.
Sponsor: E.M.S. Electro Medical Systems Corporation