Thursday, April 1, 2021
6:00 p.m. – 8:15 p.m.
This course will review common dietary contributors that affect oral health and overall health and wellness.Join us and learn about opportunities and techniques for applying nutritional counseling in your dental hygiene visit.
- Summarize the importance of nutritional counseling at the dental visit
- Identify the dietary contributors to oral health and their impact on different ages
- Demonstrate tools that aid in nutritional counseling at the dental visit
- Evaluate and create nutritional counseling opportunities in the dental office
- Implement nutritional counseling using he ADA-CCT code while optimizing Northeast Dental Dental’s Health through Oral Wellness program
This course is sponsored by an educational grant from Northeast Delta Dental Foundation.
Presented by: LeaAnne Haney, RDH, CPHDH
LeaAnne graduated from NH Technical Institute with her dental hygiene degree in 1980. She was appointed to the NH Board of Dental Examiners in 1993. She served a 5 year term, and was then appointed as the NH Dental Board Investigator until April 2017. She has been a member of the Commission on Dental Competency Assessments for 25 years, assisting in dental and dental hygiene clinical board exams. LeaAnne has worked for Northeast Delta Dental for the last two years as an Oral Health and Wellness Solutions Specialist, and most recently received her certifica-tion in public health dental hygiene.